NAME: A Nurse’s Guide to Caring for Cardiac Intervention Patients
Category : Surgery
File type: PDF
File size: 5.9 MB
ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0470019956
Publish Date : 2007
Cardiac intervention is a fast expanding field of medicine that is reducing the need for cardiac surgery. A Nurse’s Guide to Caring for Cardiac Intervention
Patients will enable nurses to fully prepare their patients and families for various cardiac intervention procedures.
* Explanations of what the heart condition is and how the procedure may relieve that condition
* Descriptions of what the patient can expect to happen before, during and after the procedure
* What nurses should observe for post procedure, and how to address any complications that may occur
* Guidelines for discharge advice
* Outlines for a pre and post care plan for each procedure – based on the latest research and experience.