Ad-din Women’s Medical College, Dhaka
Name of Medical College /Institute: Ad-din Women’s Medical College, Dhaka
Name of the University: Dhaka University (U. Dhaka)
Government/ Non-Government: Non-Govt.
2 Boro Moghbazar, Dhaka-1217
Phone: 02-9362923, 53391-3
In 1985 Ad-din Hospital Jessore started operating as only an out patient center with two doctors. In 1990 the community based maternal and child health project, and women’s development and micro-credit program were introduced. The inpatient unit was added to the Ad-din Hospital Jessore in 1991. In 1995 a nurses training center opened adjacent to the Ad-din Hospital Jessore. In 1997 Ad-din Hospital Dhaka became operational. In 1999 Ad-din Hospital Kushtia was initiated. In 2001 Ad-din started implementing STI prevention project; in 2003 Mobile Eye Care project and in 2004 Community Based Rehabilitation program for irreversibly blind people. In 2004 new outpatient building was inaugurated in Ad-din Hospital Dhaka. In 2004, 73 beds and 4 operating theatres and a new outpatient unit were added to Ad-din Hospital Kushtia. From 2004, Ad-din, as a member of the HASAB Consortium started implementing the GFATM supported HIV/ AIDS Prevention programme for youth.
Water Aid Bangladesh (WAB) assisted Ad-din in initiating a Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene project at Magura Municipality from April 2007.