Dentigerous cyst : features and management
After calcification of crown, accumulation of fluid occurs between outer enamel epithelium and crown or between the two layers of outer enamel epithelium. The stimulation for which this incidence occurs is unknown. The lining becomes increases in size and the tooth becomes impacted.
1. Age: 20-50 years
2. Sex: Male predilection
3. Site: Mandible > Maxilla
5. Painful when infected
6. Gradually increases in size
7. Anesthesia and paresthesia occurs in surrounding structures when cyst increases in size
1. In case of 3rd molar, cyst along with tooth is removed.
2. In case of canine, we should try for the eruption of the tooth.
3. In case of large cyst, Mursupialization followed by enucleation.