lateral radicular cyst :
- A lateral radicular cyst is an inflammatory cyst in which the epithelium is derived from rests of Malassez (like a periapical or apical radicular cyst).
- It is-in a lateral rather than an apical location because the inflammatory stimulus is emanating from a lateral canal.
- The associated tooth is always non-vital.
lateral periodontal cyst :
- The lateral periondontal cyst is a developmental cyst in which the epithelium probably is derived from rests of dental lamina.
- It is usually located between the mandibular premolars, which are vital.