subject : medicine
author : Fred F. Ferri
pages : 448 pages
Publisher: Mosby; 2 edition (April 7, 2009)
- Offers concise, well-organized guidance to the most common lab tests and diagnostic imaging modalities, all in one single resource, that makes reference remarkably fast and easy.
- Describes the most common imaging studies for each organ system, reviewing their indications, advantages, disadvantages, and approximate costs to simplify your decision-making process.
- Examines over 384 laboratory tests, describing the normal range of results in adult patients, typical abnormalities (positive tests, increased or decreased values), and the likeliest causes.
- Explores 231 common diseases and disorders, providing algorithms to help you select the single best test for diagnosing each condition.
- Features a portable, pocket-sized format that allows for convenient consultation anytime, anywhere.
- Features 184 new tests in an expanded laboratory test section; 8 additional diagnostic radiological modalities, including computed tomographic colonography, video capsule endoscopy, and intravascular ultrasonography; and 30 new algorithms in an expanded algorithm section, to provide you with the latest options for obtaining optimal diagnostic outcomes.
- Includes IU units added to all laboratory tests, to make the guidance more useful to clinicians practicing outside of the US.