subject : medicine
author : Sylvia McKean, Adrienne Bennett and Lakshmi Halasyamani
pages : 688 pages
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional; 1 edition (June 9, 2008)
Expertly manage the most common diseases and conditions encountered in hospital medicine!
“Practical books such as this one take a giant step to bringing together the current body of usable knowledge to help hospitalists succeed….Hospitalists need to rely on books like this one for up to date information.”–Laurence D. Wellikson, MD, FACP, CEO, Society of Hospital Medicine (from the foreword)
This concise yet comprehensive review is the perfect tool to prepare for certification, re-certification, and CME–or for use as a clinical refresher. Featuring expert insights, its highly efficient format conveniently condenses and simplifies must-know content for maximum yield and minimum time.
- Ideal for both specialists and generalists who manage subspecialty care in the increasingly complex hospital environment
- Complete, A-to-Z overview of all diseases and disorders commonly seen by hospitalists
- Expert, up-to-date coverage of unique, need-to-know concepts in hospital medicine–including key clinical, organizational, and administrative issues
- Practical coverage of the most common diagnostic-related groups in hospital-based health care
- An incisive look at patient safety that helps you ensure optimal care
- Logically organized, easy-to-follow chapters help focus your study and provide rapid access to specific subjects
- Includes coverage of key organizational and administrative issues