MacLeod’s Clinical Examination 12th Edition by John MacLeod
Book name: MacLeod’s Clinical Examination
Publisher: Churchill Livingstone
Number Of Pages: 488
Publication Date: 2009-04
ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0443068453 or 0443068488
ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780443068454 or 9780443068485
The 12th Edition of this famous medical book, which was ‘Highly Commended’ in the 2006 British Medical Association Medical Book Competition, builds on the extensively rewritten previous edition. Over 500 clinical photographs and diagrams now illust the , whilst new topics have been added to make the book even more comprehensive. A complementary DVD now accompanies the book, with specially-recorded videos demonstrating many of the clinical examination routines as they are described in the main . The book is written a team of editors and contributors who are all active clinicians and experts in their specialist fields, including in general practice where much of clinical teaching is now based. It describes the practical skills which every clinician must acquire and develop in order to evolve diagnostic procedures and management stgies and plans.
- This provides a clear description of the fundamental skills of patient evaluation and examination, answering the cunning questions which arise from this.
- Starts with a general overview section on history taking and the general examination that provide the framework on which to hang the detail.
- The systematic examination section documents clearly the relevant history, examination and special investigations as well as giving advice on their significance.
- The final section covers specialised areas and emphasises an integd and structured approach to these patients.
- Closely linked to its sister publication, Davidson’s Principles & Practice of Medicine, which complements the information in this .
- Available with online access on Student Consult and with a DVD of specially-recorded videos demonstrating key clinical examination routines following the format laid out in the book.
Category: Medical Books, Medicine