Pediatrics MCQ with Answers Practice Paper 1
Pediatrics MCQ Question
1. RVH is a feature of all except:
B. PDA with PAH
C. Tricuspid atresia
2. In which of the following disorders is penicillin not used for antimicrobial prophylaxis?
B. Meningococcal meningitis
C Rheumatic fever
3. The most common cause of severe obstructive uropathy in infants and children is:
A. Posterior urethral valves
C. Urethral atresia
D. Bladder neck obstruction
4. Riboflavin deficiency may cause all except:
B. Peripheral neuropathy
C. Nasolabial dysbacea
D. Circumcorneal vascularization
5. Which disorder is associated with convulsions cataract and mental retardation?
D. Maple syrup disease
6. Which one of the following statements is not correct regarding Fifth disease?
A. It is caused by Parvovirus B 19
B. Patient has slapped cheek appearance
C. Arthritis is the most common complication
D. Incubation period varies from 2-4 days
7. Which of these clinical settings predisposes to neonatal hypoglycemia?
A. Small for date baby
B. Large for date baby
C. Birth asphyxia
D. All of the above
8. Which one of the following problems is usually not seen in a pre-term baby of 28 weeks gestation?
A. Meconium aspiration synd.
D. Apnea of prematurity
9. Which is not associated with childhood obesity?
A. Wilson-Mikity syndrome
B. Cushing’s syndrome
C. Froehlich’s syndrome
D. Laurence-Moon-Bardet-Biedl syndrome
10. Which condition is not considered as AFP under polio surveillance programme?
A. Guillain – Barre syndrome.
B. Transverse myelitis
C. Parlysis due to severe hypokalemia
D. Paralysis due to intravascular injection
11. Which is not an indication for I/V Ig?
B. Kawasaki disease
C. Acute infective polyneuritis
12. In a 16-week old child which is expected
A. Make polysyllabic vowel sounds
B. Get excited at sight of food
C. Enjoy mirror
D. All of the above
13. Regarding congenital hypertrophic pyloric stenosis of infancy which is not correct?
A. It most commonly occurs in first born male child
B. It usually presents at 3 to 4 weeks of life
C. Feeding is followed by bilious vomiting
D. Baby is hungry soon after vomiting
14. Which is not a feature of Edwards’ syndrome?
A. Mental retardation
B. Stunting of growth
D. Congenital disease
15. The most common type esophageal atresia with tracheoesophageal fistula is:
A. Side to side.
B. Proximal end to trachea
C. Distal end to trachea
D. Proximal and distal end to trachea
16. All are life threatening features of acute severe asthma in children except:
A. Altered sensorium
B. Pulsus paradoxus
C. Audible wheeze in both inspiration and expiration
D. All of the above are life threatening
17. The following conditions will have microscopic haematuria and decreased C3 Ievel, except.
A. Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis
B. Acute post streptococcal glomeulonephritis
C. Membrane proliferative glomerulonephritis
D. SLE nephritis
18. Acquired extra cranial infection that causes aqueductal stenosis is:
A. Bacterial endocarditis
D. Staphylococcal septicemia
19. Which one of the following drugs cannot cause pseudo tumour cerebri?
A. Salicylic acid
B. Nalidixic acid
20. Which is not a feature of phenylketonuria?
A. Severe mental retardation
B. Reduced tendon reflexes
C. Enamel hyperplasia
D. Vomiting in early infancy
21. Which is not associated with jaundice in infancy?
A. Hereditary fructose intolerance
B. Maple syrup urine disease
D. Crigler- Najjar syndrome
22. Which statement is true with regard to measles?
A. Vitamin A administration reduces the severity and mortality due to measles
B. Koplik’s spots appear on buccal mucosa on 3rd day of appearance of rash
C. Neurological complications are the most common complications following measles
D. Children with measles infection should be actively immunized to protect against future episodes
23. Which is a conjugated vaccine?
A. Hepatitis B
C. Hemophilus influenzae b
24. Which is the most common complication of measles infection in children?
A. Otitis media
25. Which statement is true interpretations of the laws of normal child development?
A. The sequence and time of attainment of milestones may vary among individual children
B. Development always proceeds in a cephalocaudal sequence
C. Presence of primitive reflexes is essential for attaining voluntary actions
D. All of the above
Pediatrics MCQ Answers