The functions of nucleus are :
1. It is the dynamic centre of life as it controls nutritive and respiratory activities of the cells.
2. It influences growth and initiates divisions or reproduction of cell.
3. The DNA molecules of nucleus act as regulator of synthesis of enzyme protein or proteins in the cytoplasm.
4. The DNA also inherit the character to the offspring through genes
5. Nucleus contains chromatin (DNA molecules); chromatin becomes chromosome during cell division; chromatin contains genes
6. DNA molecules of nucleus synthesizes RNA and RNA molecules stay in the cytoplasm. hanging from the endoplasmic reticulum as ribosomes or free in cytosol (free ribosomes) There may be nucleoli in the nucleus where there is plenty of RNA molecules, otherwise RNA molecules found mainly in the cytoplasm. ii. It provides a vast number of enzymes that are capable of detoxifying substances such as
Q. Enumerate the function of nucleus.